Notice of Doping Control at Canadian Eastern Championships:
Participants at Canadian Eastern Championships must be aware that doping control tests may be conducted by the Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport (CCES) on a random basis in accordance with the Canadian Anti-Doping Program. To avoid an inadvertent positive test and the consequences of an anti-doping rule violation, athletes are encouraged to take the following steps:
* Check the Global DRO (www.globaldro.com) to determine if any prescription or over-the-counter medications or treatments that are banned by the WADA Prohibited List.
* Review medical exemptions requirements (www.cces.ca/medical) if you require the use of a banned medication for a legitimate medical reason.
* Do not use supplements, or take precautions prior to doing so. Supplement products cannot be verified by the CCES or in the Global DRO. A lack of industry and government regulation makes it impossible to confirm their ingredients.
Read more: www.cces.ca/supplements
* Review the steps of the doping control sample collection procedures: http://www.cces.ca/en/samplecollection
For additional resources and general information about anti-doping, please contact the CCES:
* Email: email@example.com
* Call toll-free: 1-800-672-7775
* Online: www.cces.ca/athletezone